KMS THANKSGIVING FOOD DRIVE!
At Krav Maga Seattle, we are deeply thankful for our community. Whether we are training hard on the mats, playing flag football at the annual summer BBQ or laughing it up at the holiday party, we are truly fortunate to have our welcoming, supportive, hard-hitting community.
As we approach the holiday season, we wanted to make sure that we are also giving back to our local community. That is why we have launched a Thanksgiving food drive for the Queen Anne Food Bank, our local food assistance program, located less than a mile from KMS!
In order to encourage the community to donate much-needed food and hygiene items to the QAFB before Thanksgiving day, we’ve provided some incentives:
- If you donate four or more of the QAFB's most-needed items to the KMS food drive by 11/26, you will receive one week of unlimited classes at KMS for FREE!*
- For each item donated by 11/26, the donor’s name will be entered into a raffle to win $100 to spend at the KMS Store!
- If we hit our goal of 500 items donated, our Head Instructor, Chau Le, will lead a series of weapons defense classes open to all KMS members in December!
- QAFB’s mission: To provide healthy food assistance to low income and homeless people in Seattle. To serve every person that comes to our door and others in need without discrimination and with the utmost respect for their dignity.
- The QAFB provides >3,000 individual sack lunches per month and emergency groceries to >300 neighborhood families every month.
- Did you know that a healthy and filling lunch can be prepared by the QAFB staff and volunteers for under $0.50 per person? And that 20 lbs of donated food can provide 18 meals?
- With only two hired staff members, the QAFB is primarily run by volunteers.
- The QAFB is only one of three food security programs in the city of Seattle which operates both a meal program and a food bank.
If you would like to donate to the KMS food drive for the Queen Anne Food Bank, we have listed below their most needed items! Please make all donations by 11/26!
- Canned Chili
- Canned Meat
- Canned Soup
- Canned Fruit
- Granola Bars / Energy Bars / Trail Mix
- Cold Cereal
- Jam / Jelly / Preserves
- Condiments (Mayo, Mustard, etc.)
- Hygiene Items (Deodorant, Toothpaste, Razors, TP, etc.
Thank you and happy holidays!