Krav Maga Seattle, we are truly thankful for our community. Whether we're training hard at the gym, playing football at the summer BBQ, or bonding over drinks and an amazing potluck at the holiday party, we are fortunate to have our warm, welcoming, hard-hitting community.
In this season of gratitude and celebration, we want to make sure that we also give back to our local community. We are excited to be kicking off our 5th Annual Thanksgiving food drive for the Queen Anne Food Bank! QAFB is our local food assistance program and food bank, located less than a mile from KMS. This year’s goal is to donate 3,000 food and hygiene items (or cash equivalent)!
KMS is proud to be the #1 top contributor to the Queen Anne Food Bank for three years running. Last year, 140 KMS members donated 2,284 food and hygiene items and $2,667 in cash donations!
In order to encourage the KMS community to donate much-needed food and hygiene items to the QAFB before Thanksgiving day, we’ve provided some incentives:
- For each item donated by Thanksgiving Day, the donor’s name will be entered into a raffle to win a $100 KMS gift card!
- If we hit our goal of 3,000 items donated (or cash equivalent), our Head Instructor Chau will lead a series of weapons defense and special topic Krav Maga classes open to all members who donated to the food drive! The weapons defense classes will be scheduled between the following dates: 12/16-12/21 and 12/26-12/28.
- If you’ve been wanting to try out KMS, you can get one FREE week of unlimited classes if you donate ten or more of the QAFB's most-needed items to the KMS food drive by 10am on Thanksgiving Day!*
- QAFB’s mission: To provide healthy food assistance to low-income and homeless people in Seattle. The program serves every person that comes to our door in need, without discrimination and with respect and dignity.
- The QAFB provides >2,500 individual sack lunches per month and emergency groceries to >350 neighborhood families every month.
If you would like to donate to the KMS food drive for the Queen Anne Food Bank, we have listed below their most needed items! Please make all donations by Thanksgiving Day (11/28)!
- Canned Chili
- Canned Meat
- Canned Soup
- Canned Fruit / Fruit Cups
- Canned Veggies / Beans
- Nuts / Trail Mix
- Jam / Jelly
- Peanut Butter
- Mayo (Large Jars)
- Pasta / Rice
- Razors, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste (Travel Size)
- Thick Socks
Thank you and happy holidays!