At Krav Maga Seattle, we are deeply thankful for our community. Whether we are training hard on the mats, playing touch football at the annual summer BBQ or laughing it up at the holiday party, we are truly fortunate to have our welcoming, supportive, hard-hitting community.
As we approach the holiday season, we want to make sure that we also give back to our local community. We are excited to be kicking off our 3rd Annual Thanksgiving food drive for the Queen Anne Food Bank! QAFB is our local food assistance program and food bank, located less than a mile from KMS. This year’s goal is to donate 2,500 food and hygiene items (or cash equivalent)!
KMS is proud to be the #1 top contributor to the Queen Anne Food Bank in 2016, donating >1,500 food and hygiene items and $1,770 in cash donations with last year's food drive.
In order to encourage the KMS community to donate much-needed food and hygiene items to the QAFB before Thanksgiving day, we’ve provided some incentives:
- For each item donated by Thanksgiving Day, the donor’s name will be entered into a raffle to win $100 to spend at the KMS Store!
- If we hit our goal of 2,500 items donated, our Head Instructor Chau Le will lead a series of weapons defense classes open to all members who donated to the food drive! The weapons defense classes will be on the following dates: 12/18-12/21 and 12/26-12/29.
- If you’ve been wanting to try out KMS, you can get one FREE week of unlimited classes if you donate eight or more of the QAFB's most-needed items to the KMS food drive by 10am on Thanksgiving Day!*
- QAFB’s mission: To provide healthy food assistance to low-income and homeless people in Seattle. The program serves every person that comes to our door in need, without discrimination and with respect and dignity.
- The QAFB provides >2,500 individual sack lunches per month and emergency groceries to >350 neighborhood families every month.
- Did you know that a healthy and filling lunch can be prepared by the QAFB staff and volunteers for $0.50 per person? And that 20 lbs of donated food can provide 18 meals?
- The QAFB is one of only three food security programs in the city of Seattle which operates both a meal program and a food bank.
If you would like to donate to the KMS food drive for the Queen Anne Food Bank, we have listed below their most needed items! Please make all donations by Thanksgiving Day (11/23)!
- Canned Chili
- Canned Meat
- Canned Soup
- Canned Fruit
- Granola Bars / Energy Bars / Trail Mix
- Jam / Jelly / Preserves
- Condiments (Mayo, Ketchup, etc.)
- Hygiene Items (Deodorant, Toothpaste, Razors, TP, etc.)
Thank you and happy holidays!