2ND ANNUAL FREE WOMEN'S SELF-DEFENSE SEMINAR: SATURDAY, APRIL 2ND
In recognition of April being Sexual Assault Awareness Month, Krav Maga Seattle is holding a FREE Women’s Self-Defense Seminar on Saturday, April 2nd.
WHEN: Saturday, April 2nd, 1:30pm – 3:30pm
WHERE: Krav Maga Seattle: 1009 8th Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109
Check out this one-minute video of last year’s women’s self-defense seminar. These women brought their aggression and fighting spirit to a whole new level!
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Sexual assault on women is a real issue in Washington State and across the US. Below are some statistics that paint a troubling picture:
- More than 33% of women in Washington State have been sexually assaulted in their lifetime. Almost 20% of these women have been the victims of multiple assaults by different offenders.1
- Somewhere in America, a woman is raped every two minutes.1
- 70% of rape and sexual assault victims know their attacker prior to the assault.1
This seminar is FREE for all women (16 years and older) who want to learn real, practical self-defense and who have never attended classes at Krav Maga Seattle before.* We have forty spaces available so sign-up today to reserve your spot!
In this active and hands-on two hour seminar, you will learn how to defend against common chokes, grabs, bear hugs, and other attacks, including fighting on the ground. Participants will be taught how to safely and effectively fend off an attacker with punches, elbows, knees, and kicks.
Our women’s self-defense seminar will incorporate training methods to build women’s fighting spirit and to train them how to respond both mentally and physically in a time of need, eliminating the danger of “freezing” or “shutting down” in confrontations.
Our dedicated instructors ensure that female students constantly feel safe and in control throughout the seminar. It’s our mission to increase mental and physical strength within our female students, ensuring that they leave class with the ability to combat potential danger.
WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING:
- Wear workout clothing and bring water.
- If you have indoor-only athletic shoes, please bring them. If you do not have athletic shoes that are only worn inside, please just bring your regular outdoor athletic shoes and you can clean them off upon arrival (this keeps the mats clean and safe for everyone).
We look forward to seeing you on April 2nd!